Saturday, February 25, 2012

Prayer circles

I recently read a book called "The Circle Maker" by a local pastor & author named Mark Batterson.  In it, he talks about how God wants us to "pray circles" around our biggest dreams and greatest fears.  Prayer has never really been one of my strengths, but this book has inspired and excited me to pray bolder prayers and dream bigger dreams.

I'm discovering that I like to be doing something physical while I pray, to help me focus.  Usually it's hiking or running, but this week I tried some prayer-painting.  It served the double purpose of allowing me to pray for my dreams while painting, and also giving me a physical reminder to KEEP praying circles around my dreams:



The dreams God has placed in my heart aren't completely clear yet, but I know they involve me spending an extended period of time in Kenya.  I cannot adequately explain to you how much joy being in Kenya and serving the people there brings me.  Over the past two summers, I've spent a total of nearly 6 weeks in various parts of Kenya, loving on the children and serving their leaders through several different outreaches.  I fell in love with the country and the people, and I know God has given me this dream to serve the people of Kenya full-time.

I don't know when God will call me to go back to Kenya with a one-way ticket, and I don't know what it will look like when I get there, but I'm praying circles around that dream in the meantime.  I'm praying for clarity for my vision, for provision to get me there, and for the faith I'll need to rely on God in whatever situations I end up.  I've already started recruiting some friends to be praying for my dreams with me, and I'd like to invite you to be praying, too.  And check out "The Circle Maker" and start praying for bigger dreams & visions for yourself, as well, and let me know how I can pray for those dreams for you, too.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment